Grade One can be started after you have completed our Introductory Obedience 2 course.
This course builds on the skills taught in the previous courses and elements covered include:
- Creating and implementing commands (including family members other than the main handler)
- Furthering dog manners and respect
- Creating routine awareness
- Dog focus exercises
- Incorporating fun rewards into training
- Loose lead confidence exercises
- More in-depth work with Canine Good Citizen training
This course takes more than 8 weeks to complete and your instructor will determine when you and your dog are ready for Grade Two. Showing dog focus and control, and successful achievement of a number of exercises are necessary for graduation to Grade Two.